Man Claims Newly Built Home Bulldozed by Mistake During Search Operation Linked to Nida Khan

Date:

A 31-year-old handyman from Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar has alleged that the Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar Municipal Corporation (CSMC) wrongly demolished his newly purchased home during a crackdown linked to the Nashik TCS conversion case accused, Nida Khan.

Hanif Khan approached the Aurangabad Bench of the Bombay High Court after bulldozers razed the 600 sq ft house in Kauser Bagh on May 13. The demolition was part of an early morning drive targeting properties allegedly connected to AIMIM corporator Matin Patel and the premises where Nida Khan had reportedly stayed while evading police.

Bombay High Court Pulls Up CSMC

Hearing petitions filed by Hanif Khan and corporator Matin Patel on Monday, the Bombay High Court questioned the municipal corporation’s actions and observed that due procedure did not appear to have been followed during the demolition drive.

Apart from the house linked to Nida Khan, neighbouring structures, including a building material shop and another residential property, were also demolished.

The CSMC, however, defended its action, claiming that all demolished structures were unauthorised and that proper procedures had been followed.

Hanif Khan Says House Was Bought Legally

Hanif Khan said the demolished property was legally purchased just two months ago using his family’s lifetime savings. According to documents submitted before the court, Khan and his brother-in-law, Syed Sarwar Syed Afsar, bought the property for Rs 27 lakh through a registered sale deed executed on March 12 at the Joint Sub Registrar Office in Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar.

Khan stated that they had paid Rs 3 lakh as earnest money in February and cleared the remaining Rs 24 lakh during registration.

“This was the first house the family had ever owned,” Khan said as per the reports of the Indian Express

“We thought instead of spending our life in rented homes, we should buy something of our own. We were waiting to renovate it before shifting in.” the report added.

Property Used Briefly to Shelter Guests

According to Khan, Matin Patel, whom he described as a local corporator and acquaintance, had sought permission to use the house temporarily earlier this month.

“He said some guests were coming. Since he was known to us and was a local corporator, I did not hesitate,” Khan said while talking to Indian Express. 

Investigators later alleged that Nida Khan, one of the TCS employees accused in the Nashik conversion case, had stayed at the property while police were searching for her.

Questions Over Demolition Notice

Khan also raised concerns over the demolition notice allegedly pasted on the property. He claimed the notice initially carried Matin Patel’s name despite the house being registered in his name.

Responding to the allegation, Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar Mayor Sameer Rajurkar told The Indian Express that the administration was responsible for drafting the notice and would be better placed to answer questions regarding the discrepancy.

Officials from the corporation’s Encroachment Department declined to comment, citing the matter being sub judice. Recalling the demolition, Khan said he could only watch helplessly as bulldozers tore down the family’s dream home.

Share post:

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Bandra Mosque Demolition Triggers Protests, Police Use Lathi Charge During Railway Eviction Drive

Tensions escalated in Mumbai’s Bandra area on Wednesday after...

Three Killed in Shooting at San Diego Mosque; Teen Suspects Found Dead

Three people, including a security guard, were killed after...

Engineer Rashid Gets Interim Bail Till June 2 to Attend Father’s Funeral

The Delhi High Court on Monday granted interim bail...

Attempt to murder case filed against cow vigilantes after Gudimalkapur violence

The Gudimalkapur police on Monday registered an attempt to...